Living in Las Vegas
Las Vegas has many aspects to its character. To visitors it’s a glitzy scene of exhilaration, amazing sites, and non-stop entertainment. To residents it’s a place to work, hang out, go to church, do some shopping and enjoy sporadic entertainment options. Residents of the valley see the Strip as a distant billboard or a place to work. Click here for GLVAR MLS AREA MAP
Advantages to Las Vegas
Las Vegas is a place that has everything, whatever you want you can find here in Las Vegas. From conservative and traditional values to untamed and exhilarating or even unconventional. Las Vegas is where you will find it.
- Extraordinary entertainment options for all ages
- Dine in the award winning restaurants of World Renown Chefs
- Compact city – Quick relative commutes
- Highways allow for manageable traffic
- Our climate offers year round sunshine
- Flourishing Retirement Community
- Low tax base for businesses – No State Tax!
- There is a steady job base – not all careers are steady, but for many there is always work
- One can find religion – reports indicate more churches per capita than anywhere in USA
- Residential neighborhoods have been planned and organized with the needs of many in mind
There is plenty to do in the valley. Whether it’s hitting a hot destination for fun or trekking out in the desert on a hike there are many, many options.
- Hundreds of Shows to choose from
- Shop world class shopping centers
- Join a group or club
- Tour the Strip
- Hike, Ski or Visit Mt. Charleston
- Play on Lake Mead – Fish, Swim, Boat or Jet Ski
- Many Parks and Walking/Bike Trails throughout the city
- Sports teams – Baseball, Soccer, Hockey available to spectate or participate
- PGA quality Golf Courses
Places to Go
There are many places to explore and visit.
- Red Rock
- Lake Mead
- Mt Charleston
- Grand Canyon Tours
- Vegas Indoor Skydiving
- Hoover Dam Tour
- City Center
With the opening of the Smith Center for Performing Arts, Las Vegas is now on track to become a city that now includes rich culture. The world-class performing arts center was designed with future generations in mind. This has been a long anticipated gift to our community. Click this link to find out more about The Smith Center .